According to a recent survey, here are the top 10 reasons organizations hire consultants:
1. A consultant may be hired because of his or her expertise. This is where it pays to have some type of track record that speaks for itself; from four to 40 years.
2. A consultant may be hired to identify problems. Sometimes employees are too close to a problem inside an organization to identify it. That’s when a consultant rides in on his or her white horse to save the day.
3. A consultant may be hired to supplement the staff. Sometimes a business discovers that it can save thousands of dollars a week by hiring consultants when they are needed, rather than hiring full-time employees. Businesses realize they save additional money by not having to pay benefits for consultants they hire. Even though a consultant’s fees are generally higher than an employee’s salary, over the long haul, it simply makes good economic sense to hire a consultant.
4. A consultant may be hired to act as a catalyst. Let’s face it. No one likes change, especially corporate America. But sometimes change is needed, and a consultant may be brought in to “get the ball rolling.” In other words, the consultant can do things without worrying about the corporate culture, employee morale or other issues that get in the way when an organization is trying to institute change.
5. A consultant may be hired to provide much-needed objectivity. Who else is more qualified to identify a problem than a consultant? A good consultant provides an objective, fresh viewpoint–without worrying about what people in the organization might think about the results and how they were achieved.
6. A consultant may be hired to teach, train & Coach. These days if you are a Manager who can show employees how to master a new program, then your telephone probably hasn’t stopped ringing for a while. A consultant may be asked to teach employees any number of different skills. However, a consultant must be willing to keep up with new discoveries in their field of expertise and be ready to teach new clients what they need to stay competitive.
7. A consultant may be hired to do the “dirty work.” Let’s face it: No one wants to be the person who has to make cuts in the staff or to eliminate an entire division.
8. A consultant may be hired to bring new life to an organization. We are good at coming up with new ideas that work for clients. At one time or another, most businesses need someone to administer “first aid” to get things rolling again.
9. A consultant may be hired to create a new business. There are consultants who have become experts in this field. Not everyone, though, has the ability to conceive an idea and develop a department or game plan.
10. A consultant may be hired to influence other people. We like to hang out with the rich and famous in your town. Although most consultants in this field are working as lobbyists, there has been an increase in the number of people entering the Corporate and entertainment consulting business.
Avinash K Arvind
Founder & Director
Smart Minds Skills Academy, Jaipur
Starting Fees: INR 10,000/- for 1 Hour of Consultancy
Our Contact Details:
Cell: +91 9829308208 or +91 9680888885
Address: Room No 20, Yog Sadhna Ashram, University Marg, Bapu Nagar, Jaipur, India 302015
Shop by Category:
Productivity & Performance
Mind & Meaning
Health & Vitality
Wealth & Lifestyle
Career & Business
Love & Relationships
Leadership & Impact
Shop by type:
Journal / Workbook